Monday, October 15, 2012

Dior Diorific Lipsticks

Dior's 2012 holiday collection is mesmerizing! The first items that caught my eye were the lipsticks, and although I am still waiting on one more lipstick, I had to get this up because I could not wait to show them to you all!


Let me just say, off the bat, that the packaging is beautiful? The Diorific lipsticks come in this gold vintage Dior packaging (Dior lipsticks used to come in tubes like this!) that looks very luxurious. It can definitely add some class to your outfit if you throw this into your clutch or your purse. I am such a sucker for packaging and this goes up to par with YSL lipsticks. However, in terms of practicality, it is pretty bulky and won't really store very well with my other lipsticks.

I did hear from someone on Instagram that an SA told her about this original packaging coming back and replacing the old packaging. And I honestly hope that's not true because of how unpractical it is to store. It will definitely lose its value because it won't be as special as it being a limited edition product.

The lipsticks come in this all-golden box shown below.


Marilyn (040) is a pink red. It's redder than MAC Love Goddess from the Marilyn Monroe Collection. Moxie is a lot pinker but both are from the same color family.

Diorling (037) is a blue based medium-dark red. The lipsticks that I can think of that look similar to this is MAC's Runaway Red and Charmed, I'm Sure from the Marilyn Monroe Collection. MAC Viva Glam I is darker and a tad browner. This is probably my favorite out of the bunch because it is the one that suits my skin tone the best! And it's perfect for the holidays!

The lipsticks definitely live up to the name on the box that Dior promises. They are very long wearing and show the true color from the tube onto the lips. I only put on one layer on my lips and they both applied on very opaque with almost looking semi-matte. I tested both Marilyn and Diorling and they lasted about eight hours on me with constant water intake and a lunch meal. They did not feel drying or tugging when applied and while I wore it. I love how these lipsticks are satin and almost matte, but they are not drying AT ALL! If anything, these left my lips moisturized all day long, which seals the deal for me! It definitely left a stain on my lips which was nice because I didn't even feel the need to reapply. These lipsticks have a distinct floral scent but does go away after a while that it's applied, but has no taste.

I know a lot of people wonder why I spend a lot of money on high-end lipstick, and all I can say is, you'll never really know until you try it. None of my drugstore and mid-end lipsticks can ever compare!

Marilyn Diorific Lipstick

Marilyn Diorific Lipstick

Marilyn Diorific Lipstick Swatch


 Marilyn Diorific Lipstick Swatch

Diorling Diorific Lipstick

Diorling Diorific Lipstick

Diorling Diorific Lipstick Swatch



Diorling Diorific Lipstick Swatch

Diva lip swatches and photos will be updated later.

These lipsticks retail for $36 USD and can be found at your local Nordstrom, Bloomingdales, Macys, Saks and other department stores that carry Dior. They can also be found on the department stores' websites. Will you be splurging on these this coming holidays?

No comments:

Post a Comment