Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Dior Rosy Glow Healthy Glow Awakening Blush 001 Petal

Dior Rosy Glow Healthy Glow Awakening Blush is described to be "a blush that creates a naturally flushed look on the cheeks". It claims to be "flattering on all skintones" and that this "light pink formula adjusts to the skin’s chemistry to create a customized look of pinched, rosy cheeks". Now I have been on a hunt for this blush for quite some time now since Ingrid (aka missglamorazzi on YT) has been raving about this blush for a few months now. And I was so happy to finally get my hands on this baby since it has been sold out in every Sephora I walk into.


This blush comes in a silver box packaging with a luxurious black velvet pouch that says CD on it. I have never owned a Dior product in my life, and from what I've heard, Dior (or any high end cosmetic brand for that matter) has such chic and glamorous packaging! The actual compact itself is a reflective silver with a clear plastic/acrylic bottom. It includes a small brush and the blush has the Dior logo embossed on it, which I thought was pretty awesome.



By looking at the blush first hand, it reminded me of NARS Gaeity by how blue-based it looked. Now it does apply a blue-based pink at first, but it was so amazing to see how it changes color! When applied to my skin tone, it definitely turns warmer than NARS Gaeity, so it's not exactly the same shade, but it can look different in other skin tones. What I like about this blush is that it looks effortless when applied. You can build this up without looking overdone and heavy on the cheeks.

This blush has a matte finish, but does not appear chalky or powdery when applied. What I would recommend in applying this blush is to put it on once, wait about 5-10 minutes for the color to develop, then apply more for a more vibrant flush of color. This does last all day (at least for me), but I don't wear makeup all day, so I can't say that it lasts 12 or 14 hours.

 Compare the color from the brush and how the color transforms on my skin

Shade turns rosier and warmer since my skin tone is very warm

It is only exclusive to Sephora and is limited edition. I talked to some of the reps at Sephora and some stores don't know if they will be getting any more in the next shipments. The best way to grab this is by trying it at the store and order it online at Sephora.com. This retails for $44 USD, which is very expensive in my opinion.

Now do I recommend it? For the price, no, but the product really does what it claims that it is worth it for me. It is a nice blush to add to your collection (especially to you blush fiends) because it is so unique. And you get 7.5g of product! I am pretty sure there are plenty of blushes out there that you can try that'll give you that same rosy flush for cheaper. But that's the thing about any powder product. No matter how much you pay for them, they last for so long that the price turns out being worth it.


2 comments: