Sunday, February 12, 2012

Haul: Shop MAC Cook MAC and Vera Collections

Happy Sunday everyone!

I've been meaning to post this in such a long time (since the event on Jan 31), but I was busy the past few days, and I had to wait until I got everything from my pre-sale orders on Thursday. The collections, Shop MAC Cook MAC and Vera, came out on February 9th in stores and counters, and I must say that I haven't been so excited about a MAC collection in a long time (since Venomous Villains, I would say, because I love Disney so much).

Here are the pictures of the full collections.




Since I missed the Iris Apfel lipsticks that came out earlier this year (womp womp I was so sad), one of the MAC artists recommended I attend their preview launching of the new spring collections. And I am so glad I did! I was probably the 8th person in line, so I got in before it started crowding up. It was cool because they served food and cocktails. I got to talk to the models and got to take a picture with Coco. Her hair was so big! I wonder if I should try to do that with my hair. HAHA.

So I had a strategy when I got there. I looked at the launch photos and made sure I had an idea of what I really wanted. MAC is very popular with the variety of lipsticks they have and their limited edition lipsticks tend to sell out first. I also wanted the renowned Tendertones because they haven't been out in years! Good thing the store I went to had some products outside so people can swatch them before even going inside the store.

The most popular lipsticks were Watch Me Simmer and Quick Sizzle. I snagged those two ten minutes in with the two Tendertones I decided to get. I didn't really care which ones I got because they're all very sheer and I'm sure they wouldn't show up on my very pigmented lips. Within the first 10 minutes, I got my shopping done and only got the things that I knew would sell out. I know the lipsticks did sell out in that store during the event. LUCKY ME!

Then, I got two freebies from the event! I got this big MAC box and I just thought it would be cool to have in my room. I also got a MAC tote bag.



So right after, I was religiously checking Temptalia if Christine got to review all the new products from the new collections. When she finally put the reviews up online that weekend, I called MAC to get more things from the collection. When I picked up my purchase, I also got samples of the Aloha stacked pigments. I wish I got this because it's so pretty and it's different from all their other pigments. I was never a fan of pigments because of how messy I am when I apply them. Maybe I will get it after my paycheck comes out and if it's still in stock. But then again, I promised myself not to buy any more makeup for a while. I think I have an addiction.


So here's everything I got:


Shop MAC:
- Quick Sizzle lipstick
- Watch Me Simmer lipstick
- Shop & Drop eyeshadow quad
- Call Me Bubbles eyeshadow quad

Cook MAC:
- Purring Tendertone
- Tread Gently Tendertone

Vera:
- Flower Fantasy Pearlmatte Face Powder

I will review these soon. And if you haven't gotten your hands on these babies, I suggest you go to a MAC counter RIGHT NOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment