Sunday, February 26, 2012

Shop MAC Cook MAC Eyeshadow Quads

MAC Cosmetics came out with three eyeshadow quad palettes for the new Shop MAC Cook MAC Collection. I picked up Shop & Drop and Call Me Bubbles palettes. These are actually the first ever MAC  eyeshadows I've ever gotten mainly because I've never found the need to. I felt like for a lower price, I could definitely dupe the colors, and I've gotten better deals for palettes and sets from other brands. Also, from reading other beauty blogs, the limited edition shadows that came out seemed to be underperforming when it comes to the color payoff. I know I'm super late, but I've been busy.

OK let's get to the actual products and see how these are different.



These eyeshadow quads (as well as the other products from these collections) come in this really retro, loud packaging that are just sleeves. When you slip these off, you will see the regular MAC black packaging.

The collection came out on February 9, 2012 and the quads retail for $38 USD (Available now at MAC stores, counters and online).

Shop & Drop is described as "a violet inspired quartet of shades to turn that shopping aisle into a high fashion runway." Sugar Snack is a matte light pink shade. Hypnotizing is a frosted greyed mauve. Power Boosted is a veluxe pearl violet. Shop & Drop is a satin deep blue. As you can see, I already took a good beating at this palette because the colors are just great! Initially, I was contemplating whether or not to get this one or Call Me Bubbles (Obvi, I ended up getting both) because I felt like this palette was dupable. But I love how I can just work with this palette and nothing else, so it's perfect for travel. The color payoff is amazing and the shadows are very blendable and easy to work with.

I've used this palette quite a few times and my go-to look for this is: Sugar Snack on my brow bone, Hypnotizing on my lids, Power Boosted on my crease and Shop & Drop on my outer V for a night time look.

Call Me Bubbles is described as "Fresh Daily! With this Shop M·A·C compact of four cool-n-spicy coral eye shadows, eyes find their look-du-jour!" Call Me Bubbles is a satin light tan. Fresh Daily is a frost orange. Full of Flavour is a matte coral. Brash is a veluxe pearl that is a frost reddish copper. I actually haven't used this palette yet since I've been experimenting with other things in my collection. The color payoff is not as impressive as Shop & Drop, in my opinion, but is buildable. I like the color Brash the most because it's the most unique out of all of them! It's a great all-over lid color and is so flattering! Full of Flavour is actually a nice blush shade. In my opinion, it's the most true coral color I have come across.




(Flash Lighting) L-R: Sugar Snack, Hypnotizing, Power Boosted, Shop & Drop

(Indoor Lighting) L-R: Sugar Snack, Hypnotizing, Power Boosted, Shop & Drop






(Flash Lighting) L-R: Brash, Full of Flavour, Fresh Daily, Call Me Bubbles

Overall, these are great palettes to invest in. And for the price, the color payoff is great in general. For a person who had no expectations for these quads because of how limited edition palettes have been in 2011, I would say I am pleased. The colors are great and work great together! If you can still snag these at your local MAC store, I suggest you grab them fast! I can't wait to rock Call Me Bubbles for the spring and post looks here on my blog!


No comments:

Post a Comment