Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Viva Glam Nicki

Viva Glam Nicki is hip-hop artist and rapper, Nicki Minaj's second limited-edition lipstick that she designed with MAC. It is described as a "bright yellow pink" which makes it warmer and a pink that leans more towards the coral side. This came out in the U.S. on February 15, 2012 in stores, and will be out in stores for about a year (I believe that's how long Lady Gaga had her lipsticks out for). This lipstick retails for $14.50 USD (Available now at MAC stores, counters and online).

I was sooo excited to finally get to pick this up this because I adore everything Nicki Minaj! She has a very wild and outgoing spirit and I am so inspired by her success and journey as an artist. And the fact that she teamed up with MAC to create a Viva Glam lipstick! Who would say no to that? Every cent from the sale goes toward helping women, men and children with and affected by HIV and AIDS.



The packaging is just like any other Viva Glam lipstick. The box package has Nicki Minaj's signature engraved in red. The tube itself has the red lining (again, like other Viva Glam lipsticks) and has Nicki's signature printed on the tube.


The product itself is not like any other pink lipsticks I have in my collection. It has yellow undertones, so it is definitely not like Viva Glam Gaga and Pink Friday (Nicki Minaj's previous lipstick) where they're cooler. I feel like this lipstick fits more with my skin tone because it's warm.

The lipstick has a satin finish, which means that it is semi-matte. Satin, amplified and creamsheen finishes are my absolute favorites because they are pigmented enough and they don't tug on your lips when you apply. This formula is definitely not drying, but without proper exfoliation, this lipstick WILL show the imperfections on your lips. The formula is opaque when applied and I adore the hint of vanilla on MAC lipsticks. I feel like this works on every skin tone, but with warmer and darker tones, I feel like this shade is so flattering! This is probably the first bright pink lipstick that I feel confident wearing out in public. It is, however, a lipstick where you NEED to wear a lipliner. I use a magenta lipliner and it complements the shade very well.

Viva Glam Nicki - with Flash

Viva Glam Nicki - Natural Indoor Lighting

Me wearing Viva Glam Nicki

Overall, Viva Glam Nicki is a lipstick that you should definitely purchase. Whether you like the product or not, 100% of proceeds go to a good cause. I own four Viva Glam lipsticks now and I support this cause fully! AND it is such a plus for me to get a great product!

No comments:

Post a Comment