Tuesday, May 29, 2012

MAC Hey, Sailor! Lipglasses

There were five lipglasses that came out in this collection: Blessedly Rich, Cut Loose, Orange Tempera, Riviera Life and Set Me Sailing. I was never a fan of MAC lipglasses because they are very sticky for my taste (I actually own only two lipglasses!). It is very rare that I am impressed with a lipgloss because they are either very sticky or very sheer to be even worth buying. Also, I don't prefer any lip products that have doe-foot or any brush applicator since it is unsanitary and the product won't last as long as a lipstick would. 

I only picked up two out of the five because these were unique and lip colors that I don't have in my collection. And I was so impressed with how opaque these were when I tried them on at my local counter!

The ones I am showing you today are Blessedly Rich and Riviera Life. I was surprised that these colors did not sell out as fast as Orange Tempera or Set Me Sailing. I didn't like Orange Tempera because it did look streaky to me, and I don't like the glossy red lip look to get Set Me Sailing. But I guess a lot of people did get Orange Tempera since it is a repromoted shade.

MAC Hey, Sailor! Lipglasses in their packaging

Blessedly Rich and Riviera Life

Blessedly Rich is described as a pale coral. My first impression of it is that it looks like a true rose gold. It applies on opaque and has gold and bronze shimmer to it. It doesn't look pale or coral to me. Since I do have quite pigmented lips, it does look darker on my lips. This shade is universal and can flatter all skin tones. You can wear this all year because it is a good warm neutral shade.

Riviera Life is described as a bright tangerine, and that is just what it is. It is an opaque orange with golden shimmer to it. I feel like it can go with Morange lipstick by MAC, but since it is so opaque, it can definitely stand out by itself. I love the staying power of this, too! This lasted for about 4 hours on my lips. This color is great for summer and so easy to apply on the go! I am definitely bringing this to the Philippines with me.

All of these lipglasses have the MAC signature vanilla scent with special navy and white striped packaging that come with the usual doe-foot applicator.



MAC Blessedly Rich

MAC Blessedly Rich swatch (Flash)

MAC Riviera Life

MAC Riviera Life swatch (Flash)

These lipglasses are available online for $15.50 USD at the MACCosmetics website, and also in Macy'sNordstrom and your local counter.


No comments:

Post a Comment