Tuesday, May 29, 2012

MAC Hey, Sailor! Fleet Fast Blush

MAC released two blushes in this big summer collection, and since I am slowly building my blush collection as I am becoming a blush fiend, I picked Fleet Fast, which is the darker blush of the two. Since I did pick up Crew, which is pretty close to Launch Away! blush, as I said in my previous post, I didn't feel the need to get the other one.


Fleet Fast is a "pinky golden coral" blush with a satin finish. Like most MAC satin finish blushes, the shimmer on the product is barely a sheen that is hardly recognizable when applied onto the cheeks. It does have some gold shimmer on the pan, but it is so sparse that it appears matte. It has a touch of pink in it. It's definitely the happy medium between a bright red-coral and a dusty rose red color that is perfect for summer. I have NARS Lovejoy and that is a dusty rose with golden shimmer, and this is definitely brighter but still muted enough that you won't look like a clown when you wear this. I love this on medium to tan skin tones because it is buildable and is warm.




Close-up of Fleet Fast blush swatch

Fleet Fast blush swatched against Launch Away! blush and Crew highlight powder

This blush is available online for $21 USD at Macy'sNordstrom and your local counter.

No comments:

Post a Comment