Sunday, June 3, 2012

Orange Prom Makeup Look

It's prom season again. Since I am a pretty new makeup artist, it is a toughie to really get your name out there. A really good friend of mine went to her prom this past weekend, and given her busy schedule with work and school, setting up an appointment at a MAC or makeup counter at the mall was out of reach for her. Plus, it was out of her budget since most counters (probably all counters) require you to purchase a certain $ amount of products.

Anyway, here is the look I came up with for her.


I honestly came up with this look in my head probably 30 minutes before she came over my house. I knew I didn't want to make her makeup look too dramatic since her dress did just that already with the bright red-orange. I just did an orange coppery smokey eye with matte browns to define the crease and the outer corner for a softer look.



I went with a lot of matte colors (except for her lid color) since prom usually is a picture-heavy event and I didn't want her to look extra washed out with the light reflecting against her face.


Here are the products I used:

FACE:
MAC Prolongwear Concealer in NC35
Make Up For Ever HD Foundation in 140 mixed with a little of 153
Sonia Kashuk Hidden Agenda Concealer Palette
ELF HD Finishing Powder
MAC Blush in Immortal Flower
NYC Sunny Bronzer

EYES:
NYX Brow Cake Powder in Medium Brown
NARS Smudgeproof Eyeshadow Base
MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre
MAC Brash e/s
MAC Fresh Daily e/s
the Balm Sultry and Sleek e/s
MAC Vanilla e/s
Milani Liquif'eye eyeliners in Black and Brown
Ardell 101 Lashes
Maybelline Falsies w/p Mascara
Loreal Lineur Intense Carbon Black liquid liner

LIPS:
MAC Martha l/s
MAC Love Nectar l/g

I'm really trying to build my makeup kit now so I can do makeup on more clients and really separate my own collection. I recently did purchase a few things from Coastalscents.com from the sale they were having on select products. I might actually try to grab another palette before the sale ends June 8th at 10AM PST. I am now looking at investing in disposable wands and sponges and stuff, and some makeup brushes. Suggestions would be nice! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment