Wednesday, July 11, 2012

MAC Heavenly Creature "Cut a Caper" Lipstick

Cut a Caper is a "midtone peachy pink" with a lustre finish. It is a repromoted shade from the MAC Tartan Tale collection back in late 2010 and I think it is gorgeous! I only own probably a couple of lustre finish MAC lipsticks and that is because I don't quite like how they don't have great staying power. Although lipsticks only last for four to six hours, on average, I think lustre finishes last about half that. To me, this finish isn't worth the price, but this shade just caught my eye!



The first time I tried it on, I was in love! It was the perfect peachy pink for every day and it has that pastel feel to it that I adore! With one layer, the color looks semi-opaque and not sheer at all! The color is also definitely buildable. I don't think I have anything close to this kind of pink in my collection. It's definitely a good middle ground between peach and pink and this might be my new go-to everyday work lipstick once my MAC Hug Me lipstick is empty.




For all four times that I've visited a MAC counter since this collection released, I'm surprised this lipstick has not gone yet. Maybe it's the fact that most of the lipsticks in this collection are lustres.




This lipstick retails for $14.50 and can be purchased at a MAC store or counter near you. It is sold out on MACCosmetics.com, but it may still be lingering in stores! It is available on Nordstrom.com and Macys.com.


No comments:

Post a Comment