Saturday, July 14, 2012

MAC Heavenly Creature "Ring of Saturn" Mineralize Blush

Ring of Saturn is a "terracotta and gold melange" swirl of baked minerals pressed into a compact. It is a coral blush with red-copper undertones to it, and has golden shimmer. This is a very warm blush and can complement warmer skin tones.


This mineralize blush line from MAC is supposed to provide lightweight and sheer coverage for a glowy flush of color to your skin. I personally am not a fan of shimmery face products, but I do love them for summer and fall because of the sunkissed look it gives to my skin. 





There are only two blushes off the top of my head that remind me of this in terms of the shade and the finish. NARS Orgasm is similar, but has a peachy pink undertone. Benefit Coralista is peachier and lacks that coppery red undertone. As well, MAC Fleet Fast is similar, but is a tad more red and is matte.

I am surprised at how pigmented this blush is! Normally, mineralize blushes tend to be sheer and I would need to have a heavy application for it to show up on my skin. But not this one! I also wanted to get Supernova (which tends to be VERY popular and sold out everywhere), but this one attracted me a lot more.




Pardon my pictures as of late. My Nikon DSLR charger is broken and I've been taking all of my pictures with my trusty iPhone. I am thinking about purchasing a new camera and a macro lens for better quality swatches and product close-ups. 

This blush retails for $23.50 at your local MAC counter and is also available on Macy's.com and Nordstrom.com. Go get it before it's gone!

No comments:

Post a Comment