Saturday, July 14, 2012

MAC Heavenly Creature "Star Wonder" Mineralize Skinfinish

Star Wonder is a "plumy pink with multi-dimensional pearl". The compact has a swirl of plum, gold and pinky champagne in it. It is a pinky purple with a golden sheen.


MSFs are meant to be very sheer and meant to highlight or for an all-over color. It can be used as a shadow, a highlighter, a blush, etc. This MSF, in particular, is too pigmented to be a highlighter. When the MAC artist put in on my cheeks, I immediately fell in love! It is dark enough to be a used as a blush and what's great about it is that you get more product than an ordinary mineralize blush.





There really isn't anything in my collection that resembles this color, which is why I got this MSF as well. NARS Sin has the same plummy undertone, but is more plum, darker and barely has that golden shimmer. For eyeshadows, Urban Decay Toasted is similar, but much much darker and more shimmery.



Pardon my pictures as of late. My Nikon DSLR charger is broken and I've been taking all of my pictures with my trusty iPhone. I am thinking about purchasing a new camera and a macro lens for better quality swatches and product close-ups. 

This blush retails for $29 at your local MAC counter and is also available on Macy's.com and Nordstrom.com. Go get it before it's gone!



No comments:

Post a Comment