Sunday, August 12, 2012

Chanel Fleur de Lotus Joues Contraste de Blush

Fleur de Lotus is a limited-edition corally pink blush that is described to "[enhance] the cheekbones with joyful color" and give a "youthful glow" to the face. This blush is from the Nordstrom/Asia exclusive collection that Nordstrom releases every year for their anniversary sale. I'm only beginning to ease my way into high-end makeup and though the price gives be the heevy geevies, I couldn't help but pick it up because it's just so pretty!


This blush has the right balance of coral and pink that it won't make your face look overpowering or fake. It has light to medium coverage, but is buildable. It did look pretty powdery when I swatched it, just because it is so finely milled, but once applied to the face, it sets in nicely. I don't really have a problem with anything powdery since oils seep through my makeup after an hour anyways.



One of the reasons why I decided to pick this blush up was because it really reminded me of NARS Orgasm. Although I love Orgasm blush on tanned skin, it has golden shimmer that I feel is only summer-appropriate. Fleur de Lotus has a satin finish to the skin that I can definitely rock this during the fall and winter months if I want to. NARS Super Orgasm is a tad pinker and has way more shimmer. ELF Candid Coral and MAC Immortal Flower are much more coral and less pink. Tarte Blissful is brighter and more matte. MAC Fleet Fast appears to have a similar tone on the cheeks, but is much darker.





This retails for $43.00 USD at Nordstrom Chanel counters and online at Nordstrom.com and Chanel.com. This blush is limited edition, so grab yours ASAP!

No comments:

Post a Comment