Tuesday, December 4, 2012

November Hits and Misses

This is my first ever favorites blog post on my blog! I normally post this on my Instagram, and although I will post this, I'm hoping this post will answer a lot of my followers' questions and save me from sounding like a broken record. ^__^

Before you read, please keep in mind that this blog post is based on my personal experience. Everyone has their own preferences and everyone reacts to products differently.

November 2012 Hits

Hits:
Chanel Le Volume de Chanel mascara - honestly one of the best mascaras I've tried besides my holy grail Lancome Hypnose Drama WP mascara! This coats my lashes beautifully with just one swipe. This has what they call the "snowflake" wand where the bristles are triangularly shaped. A Chanel professional MUA told me that the trick to this kind of wand is that it allows for the lashes to be coated twice in one swipe. The only thing I want Chanel to do is to make a waterproof version for my watery eyes. I will have a separate review on this so I'll save all that for later!

Tom Ford Spanish Pink lipstick - the first Tom Ford lipstick I've tried and owned (along with Black Orchid)! Best satin formula.. ever! I know people want to hit me in the head for spending $48 on a lipstick, but this is the best of the best that I've tried! It applies on like butter and is opaque with one swipe and I can comfortably wear these lipsticks all day without having the feeling of dryness. Quality over quantity :)

Guerlain Orgueil Rouge G L'Extrait - See my review here

Burberry Russet blush - No matter how much blushes I own, I felt like I kept coming back to this blush since I got it! I have my dear friend Alex (Monsiieuralex on YT and Instagram) to thank for this! It is amazingly pigmented and gives that natural flush on my yellow-toned medium tan skin. It's not powdery and it's so velvety when you apply this! LOVE LOVE LOVE!

Chanel Purete Ideale Serum - See my review here

Chanel Notorious Sculpting Veil - I have to say that after trying this product, I don't think I can live without it! This contour powder has sculpted my face so much better than my other bronzers that when I tried to revert back to bronzer, it did not look the same! Contouring is supposed to create that illusion of a more defined bone structure which should create a shadow on the part of the face that isn't lifted. And what better way to recreate that look than a grey "blush"? A review for this is still on my list to make (I know, I'm so behind! So much going on right now my loves!)

Anastasia Brow Powder Duo in Brunette/Dark Brown - So far I'm really liking the staying power of these brow powders since my MAC Charcoal Brown fails to last all day.

Chanel Harmonie du Soir eyeshadow quad - See my review here

Chanel Rouge Allure Velvet L'Impatiente lipstick - See my review here

Tarte Amazonian Clay blushes in Stellar and Magic - See my review here

Burberry Lip Glow in Bright Plum - I'm not a fan of lipglosses in general, but this might just be my favorite lipgloss formula! It is extremely pigmented (I can wear this on its own with medium to medium-full opacity)! I love how comfortable it sits on my lips as well. It's not as sticky as other lipglosses, and doesn't fade quickly.

Chanel Le Vernis in Malice - See my review here


November 2012 Misses

Misses:
MAC Volcanic Ash Exfoliator - No matter how much I wanted to give this thing a try, it just does not work for me (and yes I stuck with this thing all month of November). I know a lot of my friends on IG rave about this exfoliator (which is why I got it in the first place), but it just does not compare to my Fresh Soy Exfoliant! The beads dissolve so fast that it doesn't even give me enough time to exfoliate my face thorougly, which leads me to use more product and go through it quicker. It does give that smoothness on my face afterwards, but that smoothness doesn't last long! I probably have to use this 2-3 times a week to maintain that same smoothness as how I would with my Fresh Soy Exfoliant that I would use once a week. However, let me tell you why I don't recommend this. Ever since I used this, my face has been experiencing more breakouts and more appearance of blackheads and whiteheads that I normally keep at bay with my FSE. It's not that it reacted with my sensitive skin, but it just did not do the job of freeing my pores of dirt (if you want a more thorough review, or a comparison post, please let me know on the comments). I am honestly crying inside because my face is at its worst right now.

Tarte Amazonian Clay blush in Angelic - like I said in my review, this did not have the staying power of the other blushes in the set, or the permanent blushes, for that matter. 

I hope you find these mini reviews helpful! Again, please keep in mind that these are my own opinions based on my personal experiences and is, in no way, invalidating other people's opinions.

6 comments:

  1. OMG OMG OMG!!!
    I love love love all this products :)
    Tarte! wow! I want to try Tarte!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. memoiselle memoiselleDecember 5, 2012 at 5:05 PM

    Hi dearie!
    Love your hits product! Thanks for introducing me to Burberry Russet blush :) And I am lemming for Tom Ford lipstick too ahhh.. so pretty but expensive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you! well, i wouldn't have discovered it if it werent for alex's recommendation! they are pretty expensive but all of tom ford's items are of great quality!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you should try it sis! it's an amazing brand! i wanna try their foundation

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love the lancome mascara, and now im tempted to buy the chanel mascara and give it a go!

    followed you xoxo
    http://oliviiaaaaa.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  6. i have heard so many good things about that anastasia brow powder! its so sad that the tarte blush doesnt have a good staying power, the color looks gorgeous though!

    ReplyDelete